In each city, the SEC “Smart – name of the city” canva brings together 30 early to growth-stage companies “Smart-Up” (Start-up or SME for Smart Cities) that are using new “Smart” technologies and innovations, ranging from the use of artificial intelligence to diagnose cancers and quantum computing systems, to “Eco-Up” carbon capture and removing technologies, cell-grown meat production and use of microbiome to track goods, in order to make the “City” sustainable, resilient, connected and equitable.
Think your Smart-Up or Eco-Up (Start-Up or SME) would be a great fit? Please get in touch and tells us a bit more about your organization using this membership registration form.
Selected Smart-Ups are an integral part of the SEC local city community, which is an invitation-only city-specific Linkedin group of the most promising start-ups and scale-ups that are at the forefront of technological and business model innovation.
SEC evaluates all start-ups against the following selection criteria:
- Innovation: truly innovative in bringing to market technology with an effective business model; considered a technology leader in its field
- Impact: has the potential to make a substantial long-term impact on business and society
- Growth company: less than 10 years old from company inception; be an independent, privately held company.
- Leadership: visionary leadership with the ability to drive the company to success, and be able to contribute time and expertise to the Forum’s work
- Funding: has received a solid amount of funding
- Valuation: less than $1 billion
By joining this SEC community, the Smart-Up begins a journey where they are part of the SmartEcoCity initiatives, activities and events, bringing their cutting-edge insight and fresh thinking to global city discussions.